20 October 2009

tuesday museday

The latest edition of Tuesday Museday:

  • I thinking I need to revise my approach to Glenn Beck. Until now, I have sometimes paid attention to his insane rants whether I caught them on the TV at the gym or in a reposted link from someone else's blog or facebook page. Usually my reaction is to have my jaw drop at his stupidity or my heart palpitate with rage in reaction to the bullshit he is peddling. No more, I say. Insane people can't be reasoned with, and nor should they get any attention from right thinking people. Just like you politely ignore the crazy homeless person on the street who is swearing loudly and warning you about the infrastructure destroying rays coming from your computer (this actually happened to me in San Fran, btw), Glenn Beck too should be politely ignored. "Did you hear that crazy thing that Glenn Beck said on his show today?" No, I didn't catch that, I try not to trouble myself too much with the screeching monkey throwing feces at the wall of his enclosure at the zoo, either. They are really one in the same.
  • ... and having said that, the new policy does not go into effect until tomorrow. Check this crazy rant that he puts on about national service. Apparently he is against the government encouraging its citizens to do things like, oh I don't know, help inner city youths read, rebuild devastated areas, and aid military families. Oh the horror! He also calls the Corporation for National and Community Service "Obama's Corporation for National and Community Service." Sorry Glenn, but President Clinton created the CNCS, so it was Bush's CNCS as well. This whole "service" thing isn't new either, its been kind of big for a while now. While I don't think its the best idea that Disney is rewarding people for doing service, its also a bit hypocritical to say that you would prefer you see people doing service through church or a synagogue, where you replace a trip to Disney as a reward with a trip to heaven instead. /end beck rant
  • In other news, Mad Men is getting pretty exciting. Betty finally got her pretty little hands into Don's drawer of terrible secrets. What this means for Don is uncertain, but with only three more episodes to go in the season, I am sure the soup is just about ready to hit the fan.
  • Rangers lost big time last night, which was pretty sad. To the Sharks no less. And by 4 goals. Ugh. Hopefully this doesn't mark the beginning of the end for a season that was showing great promise.
  • Ohhhh Giants. That was a painful game to watch. Almost as painful as seeing my fantasy team lose by 1 point because I a) chose to start Eli Manning over Kyle Orton, b) Denver's D couldn't get one more fumble/sack/int, and/or c) LaToeinjury decided to actually get some points while on my bench. Its gotta be wins from here on out if I have any hope for playoff football.
Again, back to the other writing... and bourbon?

No comments: