04 June 2008

cristiano ronaldo

Last night, I had a dream that featured the Portuguese winger prominently. I am really conflicted about this dream for several reasons:

1) I've never really been a fan of his on-the-field shenanigans. By shenanigans I mean going to ground too easily and asking for a lot of calls/cards.

2) Does this portent mean he is coming to Real Madrid? I'm not too sure if thats a move the Blancos need to make...

3) Objectively viewed, he is a fairly attractive man. The fact that I had a dream about going to his house makes me ask myself some tough questions.

The dream itself wasn't too bizarre at all. For some reason, in my subconscious, Portugal looks a lot like southwest Florida and Cristiano's house looked like one that could be found right around the block from my parent's house. So I walked up to one of these houses, that I knew somehow was CR7's despite looking like any other on the block. I knock on the door and his girlfriend (Nereida Gallardo) answers and says hello like we are the oldest of friends. Cristiano comes out of the very modest kitchen (apparently in my dream he is a big fan of grilled cheese) into an even more modest livingroom (it featured a big leather recliner and a few of those green plastic lawn chairs) where we sat down and discussed Portugal's prospects for Euro 2008. I had to go before he started talking about a nagging groin injury (thankfully, before I really had to start questioning myself), but I politely thanked him for some of the grilled cheese and Nereida gave me a peck on the cheek before I walked out the door (needless to say I could have gone for a more Nereida-centered dream, sigh) and went about my business.

What does this all mean? I don't know. Maybe I am as unsettled by all this Ronaldo to Madrid talk as CR7 is... and the Guardian isn't helping at all.


dreamy... literally.

No comments: